I watched a movie, A Simple Life by HK famous director, Ann Hui. The movie was casted by Dianie Ip and Andy Lau. It's all about an old lady, Hoe Jie's living at her elder age, who was not married and worked as a family servant for the Leong family for 60 years, witnessing the five generations of the family. And the good part is one of the son of the Leong family, Roger has took the responsibility to take care of Hoe Jie at her aging days, support her financially for staying in an old folk home and accompanying her till her last day of her life.
The movie touched my soul. It made me realised the life of the human in the aging days. It's not important that you are married or not, as what I can see. They are elderies with children yet still are being sent in to the old folks home, some are being abandoned by their children, some are of course still staying single. What does important is that someone really care for the one stay in old folks home? I can see from Hoe Jie, on how she was expecting the visits of Roger to her. How happy is her when she knew someone care for her.
The movie made me felt for the living of the aging elderies that I has not came across yet. I have parent, they are getting aging, they might think the same like the elderies in the movie. How they expect us to go home to visit them, how they expect we think of them when we are away out here for earning a living. In fact, I realise we need to be patience with the elderies, spending more times with them if we can and care for them more. I did ask myself, am I doing the right part as I suppose to do as a daughter? I do my right part but I don't think I do enough, I need to do better.
I did think about myself too... what will happen to me when I am aging? I just need cares from my family, I wish not to be a burden to them. I wish I am able to take care of myself at my aging days, and I have good contacts with my family, that my siblings will care for each other at our aging days. That's why I practice healthier lifestyle now, to have a healthy body or at least not too sick with illness at my aging days... A simple life I am seeking for, just like Hoe Jie.
No comments:
Post a Comment