Here came my Mt. Kinabalu adventure trip which I have expected since long.
We started the climb at Mersilau Trail at 0830, 19th Aug 2010, it took 8km for us to reach Laban Rata. Tho' the Mersilau Trail was 2km longer than the Timpohon Trail, yet I found the trail was more interesting, and with more better scenery, more flora and fauna found along the trail. Weather up the mountain can be changed from sunny to foggy anytime, it's just so sudden. Luckily there's no heavy rain at our way up the mountain. That's the blessing part, i think :)
The way was getting tougher at last 2km upon reaching Laban Rata, it was the trail with all kinds of big and small stones. And it may be due to we have been climbing for so many kms, and we wanted to reach Laban Rata eagerly, yet it made us felt so long to reach.
I reached at Laban Rata at 1705 on the same day. We were stopping at Laban Rata for our dinner. Mojority of the climbers were from the west. After dinner, we walked to our hut futher up from Laban Rata, Gunting Lagadan Hut. Once reaching the hut, it started to rain heavily. We were so worry that the rain won't be stop so soon, and it might stop us to climb up to the peak. Guessed some members prayed hard that the rain would stop. Yeah, it's another blessing we have, the rain stopped when it came to midnight.
We got awake at 0200, 20th Aug 2010. Got ready on our gear, we started our climb to the peak via the Summit Trail at 0245. Oh gosh, it was so cold on our way up to the peak, it's 8 degree celcius that morning. Strong wind was blowing towards us non-stop. Plus it's a totally dark way up all the way! Cousin Hong was not feeling well at half way of the trail. At one time, we almost wanted to stop the climb and U-Turn back. But our strong determination have got us to reach the peak!
Something weird happened to me when I was climbing up, I almost wanted fall to sleep. Haha...wondering why, may be I woke up at 0200. I found a big stone for me to hide from the strong wind, I asked my bro and cousin to hide there with me together. And I wanted to sleep while hiding there. Again, my strong determination moved me up again. I climbed...climbed... and I reached Low's Peak at 0630. Sun was rising up! What a good day! I was so happy as I was standing at 4095.2m, the highest peak in SEA! Bravo, I have finally made one of my life mission came real, it's a great achievement I have made!







You achieved my dream too
ReplyDeleteSa, I wish you will be able to achieve your dream by yourself too, is just a matter of time. :)
ReplyDelete